In addition to the Distinguished Microwave Lecturer (DML) program, MTT-S offers the Speakers Bureau (SB) program as another technical service to its members. The program provides a pool of expert speakers from various technical fields who can deliver talks on a case-by-case basis, subject to technical focus, location, and availability of funds. The SB speakers are selected by the MTT-S Technical Committees. Previously, talks were usually given locally and in-person only. However, with the advancement of virtual tools, it is now possible to give talks virtually from anywhere in the world. Therefore, the SB Program now offers both in-person and virtual talks.
The operation procedure of the program is as follows:
In-person SB Talks:
- To request an in-person SB talk, the Chapter should be located near the speaker’s region, or the cost should be covered within the limited financial support. The maximum financial support per speaker is $500/trip and $1000/year, with a maximum total support per Technical Committee of $2000/year (all regions) plus an additional $1000/year for talks delivered to Regions 9-10.
- The Chapters can contact speakers directly to arrange the trip. The speakers can be reached by clicking “Contact” button on their profile page. Before traveling, the speaker should submit the online in-person SB pre-travel form to the SB coordinator for approval.
- The Chapter is responsible for providing city transportation, lodging, and meals for the speaker as necessary. If a Chapter is co-sponsoring a regional conference, the talk can be given at the conference. The Chapter should broadly advertise the talk to the local technical community to maximize attendance and inform the speaker of an approximate number of attendees before the trip.
- After returning from travel, the speaker should complete the in-person SB after-travel form and submit it to the SB coordinator for record-keeping purposes. The request for reimbursement must be filed separately through the IEEE CONCUR system.
Virtual SB Talks:
- To request a virtual SB talk, the Chapters can also contact the speakers directly and the Chapters can be located anywhere in the world. No pre-approval is required for virtual talks.
- After the talk is done, the speaker should submit the virtual SB talk record form for record-keeping purposes.
The lecture topics and speakers are listed on this page below. The DML-Emeritus (DML-E) speakers can also be requested via the SB Program. Please contact the SB Coordinator Dr. Mohammad Madihian if you have any questions/enquiries.
Speakers List by IEEE Regions on Map
Select the speaker and hover your mouse over the location icon, you can find the talk title and abstract. Further information and contact can be found on the speakers’ profile page.