The IEEE Microwave Theory and Technology Society (MTT-S) each year carefully selects a group of Distinguished Microwave Lecturers (DMLs) who are internationally recognized experts and technical leaders in their fields within the Society. The DMLs are available to present talks to local chapters world-wide and serve as ambassadors for the Society. They will travel to MTT-S Chapters or Joint Chapters with other IEEE Societies, Student Chapters, and IEEE Sections to present a nominally 1-hour Technical Lecture on the DML’s Technical Topic and also present material that promotes the MTT-S at each talk. The DMLs also can give online “virtual” talks.
The operation procedure of the program:
In-person DML Talks:
- The Chapters are asked to submit an online survey form to the DML Coordinator in October to indicate their DML invitation plan for the following year. The DML Coordinator will share the plan with each DML for their availability and assign the relevant DML talks to the requesting Chapters.
- The inviting Chapter will contact the speakers to arrange the travel plan. The inviting Chapter is requested to provide local transportation, lodging, and meal for the DML. The Chapter should broadly advertise the DML talk to the local technical community to maximize attendance. The Chapter should indicate an approximate number of the attendees before the DML prepares for the trip.
- The DML speaker should submit the in-person DML pre-talk form to the DML coordinator when the travel plan is fixed. After the talk is conducted, the DML speaker should submit the in-person DML post-talk form before claiming reimbursement.
Virtual DML Talks:
- The virtual talks can be requested at any time. The Chapters should contact the DML speakers directly. Please note that each speaker has a limited availability for the talk. The request will be run on “first come first serve” basis. To avoid disappointment, you may make requests early.
- After the date/time is fixed, the speaker should submit the virtual DML pre-talk form. This form will be automatically published on MTT website, as shown below. The purpose to publish the online form is that, the other chapters, who may like to request talks, can see what talks have been scheduled already. If they would like to request the same talk, they just need to ask for access to the talk instead of making a new request.
- After the talk is done, the speaker should submit the virtual DML post-talk form for record.
Please contact the DML Coordinator Dr. Mohammad Madihian if you have any further questions.