IN THIS ISSUE
- From the Editor
- Table of Contents for recent MTT publications
- IEEE Microwave Theory & Techniques Society Seeks an Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters
- IEEE ICUWB is now the International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband
- 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on RFID: IEEE RFID 2015
- April 5, 2015 – Application Deadline for Fall 2015 IEEE MTT-S Undergraduate/Pre-graduate Scholarships
- Chapter News
From the Editor
Welcome to the March 2015 issue of the IEEE MTT-S e-newsletter; the official monthly e-newsletter for the MTT-S members.
I would like to introduce myself as the new editor for IEEE MTT-S e-newsletter, succeeding Bhaskar Banerjee. My name is Amin Rida. I have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology and I have been in the field of Radio Frequency and Information Systems for over five years.
I welcome your comments and suggestions on MTT-S e-Newsletter. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com
— Amin Rida
Editor, MTT-S eNewsletter
Table of Contents for recent MTT publications
IEEE Microwave Theory & Techniques Society Seeks an Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters
The MTT-S has formed a search committee to identify candidates for the Editor-in-Chief (E-I-C) of the IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. The EIC organizes the peer review of the received manuscripts, provides constructive feedback to the authors, makes acceptance decisions, and assembles each issue of the periodical for transmission to IEEE Publications. The E-I-C assembles a panel of Associate Editors covering different subject areas as well as regions of the world, and an editorial assistant, to help carry out the editorial work. The editorial work must conform to the IEEE TAB and Publications policies. The E-I-C appointment is for a period of three years and is subject to the approval of the MTT Society Administrative Committee. The E-I-C reports to the MTT Society Adcom through its Publications Committee at three meetings each year. It is expected that the work will require approximately 25 hours per week. The Search Committee requests you to suggest names of potential candidates for the Editor’s position by contacting the Search Committee Chair, Madhu S. Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEEE ICUWB is now the International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband
ICUWB will be held in Montreal, Canada, from October 4th to 7th, 2015, under the theme “Wireless Highways to the Digital Economies & Smart Societies”. With a new name and an expanded scope, ICUWB remains the premier venue for Ultra Wide Band – or wireless broadband more generally – and its applications; but will also present high quality papers, keynotes, panels, tutorials, workshops, and exhibits in other areas of wireless broadband communication and emerging applications such as 5G wireless, Internet of Things, and smart metering and monitoring or management.
For a full list of topics, see the current call for papers. ICUWB is now accepting submissions of
- Regular papers – deadline May 1st 2015
- Proposals for tutorials — deadline March 16th, 2015
- Proposals for special sessions and workshops – deadline March 16th, 2015
9th Annual IEEE International Conference on RFID: IEEE RFID 2015
Top researchers and engineers working on RFID and IoT will be on hand at IEEE RFID 2015. If you’re an IEEE member, register today at the discounted rate. With this registration you get all of this:
- Intriguing presentations on new, ground-breaking RFID research (~30% acceptance rate)
- Continuing education with workshops on near-field and far-field RFID
- Fun student competition with a HUGE cash prize
- Mingling with top researchers and engineers in RFID, sensors, and IoT
- Free access to the Exhibit Hall and Keynote at RFID Journal Live! 2015
Register here: http://2015.ieee-rfid.org/attendees-register-here/register/
Conference website: http://2015.ieee-rfid.org/
April 5, 2015 – Application Deadline for Fall 2015 IEEE MTT-S Undergraduate/Pre-graduate Scholarships
MTT Society will sponsor up to ten scholarships for Fall semester in 2015 for undergraduate/pre-graduate students to encourage their interest in microwave and RF technologies.
Award consists of:
- Certificate of recognition.
- Scholarship of $1500 USD.
- Travel supplement (up to $1000 USD) to attend the IMS 2016 or an MTT-S sponsored conference.
- One year IEEE and MTT-S student membership
(memberships is not requested to be eligible to apply).
MTT-S strongly encourages students in microwave and RF engineering to apply for the Scholarships and to take the chance to be the next recipient.
Submission deadline for the Fall 2015 Scholarships: April 5, 2015.
Please consult the detailed instructions for Undergraduate/Pre-graduate Scholarship Program here.
Submission of applications at: http://www.mtt-tpms2.org/symposia_v6/MTTEDU/start.html
Congratulations Barry Perlman for receiving an award from the Phoenix Section in recognition of a lifetime of service to the MTT-S and the Microwave and RF Technology industry.