The IEEE MTT-S Student Branch Chapter at IIT BHU Varanasi along with IEEE MTT-S Young Professionals have enthusiastically organized a series of webinars attracting a global audience. The MTT-S Young Professionals group is pleased to showcase the efforts of these fantastic and dedicated volunteers, and additionally to invite you to attend their next event on 30Oct.
The chair Mr. Diptiranjan Samantaray and faculty advisor Dr. Somak Bhattacharyya have been pleased to moderate these events on behalf of attendees from various academic institutes (IITs, NIT, IIIT, CSIR labs, and other renowned Universities), research Institutes (TIFR, ISRO, and DRDO) and other industrial persons:
- 1-2 October, 2021 ‘IEEE Day 2021 Celebration’ workshop by invited speakers. This two day event focused on topics beneficial to the young researchers: research paper writing, research pathways, introduction to Latex, Origin, & Visio. The speakers of the webinars were Prof Baidyanath Basu, Former Professor of Electronics Engineering Department of IIT-BHU Varanasi, Dr. Pankaj Kumar Choudhary, Professor at the Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Dr. Rajan Agrahari, Assistant Professor NIT Patna, and our two senior research scholars Mr. Diptiranjan Samantaray and Mr. Vangalla Veera Babu. Each of the four webinars was attended by nearly 50 participants.
- 25 September, 2021 ‘Microwave-Radiation Safety Standards vis-à-vis Physiological Basis‘ by Dr. Subrata Kumar Datta, Scientist, Microwave Tube Research and Development Centre (MTRDC), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Bengaluru, India. The speaker discussed the advent of telecommunication technologies and industrial applications of microwaves that have seen an enormous increase in the electromagnetic radiation and reviewed safety standards, with the intent to create awareness and safety consciousness amongst microwave practitioners.
- 7 August, 2021 ‘Radio Frequency Micromachined Devices and Circuits for Microwave to Sub-millimeter Wave Applications’ by Dr. Sukomal Dey, Assistant professor at Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, India. The talk was co-hosted with the IEEE Photonics
Society SBC IIT BHU Varanasi and discussed improvements on MEMS based switching networks and digital phase shifters, the development of tunable bandpass filters for 5G applications, the potential of CMOS-MEMS oscillator and mixer using capacitive MEMS resonators, and concluded with current research activities of RF MEMS in sub-millimeterwave regime.
- 14 July, 2021 ‘Multifunctional Filtering Antennas for Radiation on Demand’ by Dr. Jawad Yaseen Siddiqui, Associate Professor, Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, India as well as Visiting Faculty, Royal Military College of Canada was attended by more than 110 participants The main objective of this talk was to explain the technical aspects of Dr. Siddiquis research work and motivate young engineers/scientists to pursue their career in the area of electromagnetics.
- 22 June, 2021 ‘Opportunity in Chaos’ by Dr. Tushar Sharma, Staff RF Engineer at the Renesas Electronics, San Diego, California, USA as well as Visiting Assistant Professor, IIT Bombay was attended by more than 60 participants. The talk highlighted opportunities that young engineers/scientists can grab to achieve their goal in the field of electromagnetics and radio astronomy, and ways to overcome the challenges faced while doing research work as a PhD student.
The chapter webpage is located at https://sites.google.com/view/ieeemttsbciitbhu and ontact details for the officers are available at https://mtt.org/chapters-by-region/
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Somak Bhattacharyya
Chair: Diptiranjan Samantaray
Vice Chair: Sambit Kumar Ghosh
Secretary: Kritika Singh & Pratibha Verma
Treasurer: Vangalla Veerababu
Web Cordinator: Ananga Paul