From the General, Techical Program, and Publications and Publicity Chairs of the 16th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS2016):
The MMS2016 paper submission deadline has been extended to 1 August 2016. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and, upon paying the registration fees and presenting the paper, will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Submissions will be evaluated based on novelty, significance of the work, technical content, and interest to the audience.
The 16th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium will take place, on November 14-16, 2016, in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The conference is sponsored by Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau, IEEE Region 8, IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S), IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IM-S), IEEE UAE Section and IEEE UAE MTT-S & IM-S Joint Chapter.
This year’s conference features several important prominent keynote speakers. Please find below the list with their tentative titles:
- Enabling Ambient Electromagnetic Energy Harvesting. Prof. Ke Wu, École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada. President of IEEE MTT Society, Canada Research Chair in RF and Millimeter-Wave Engineering
- New Frontiers in Terahertz Technology, Prof. Mona Jarrahi, University of California at Los Angles (UCLA), USA. Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE MTT Society, Pioneer in THz, Millimeter-Wave, and Optical Technologies
- Some Recent advances in Antennas and Near Field Theory with Impact on the Design of Future Microwave Antennas. Prof. Yahia Antar, Royal Military College, Canada. Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE AP Society. Canada Research Chair in RF and Electromagnetics
- Electromagnetic band gap structures and their applications for modern agile antennas. Prof. Tayeb Denidni, University of Quebec, INRS, Canada Expert in Antennas & RF Circuits and Devices
- Wearable and Body-centric Technologies – Antennas and Propagation Prospective from Textile to Nano-scale Networks. Prof. Akram Alomainy, Queen Mary University of London, UK. Expert in Intra-Body Wireless Communications & Wearable and Implantable Antennas
Please refer to the website (http://mms2016.aau.ac.ae) for more details on the conference and submission deadlines.
Kindly circulate this invitation to your network and contacts. We look forward for you to become part of the conference success through your valuable contributions and submissions.
Nazih Khaddaj Mallat, General Chair
Raed Shubair, Technical Program Chair
Lutfi Albasha, Publications and Publicity Chair