Message to MTT-S Members
IMS2020 and Microwave Week are Going Virtual!
Out of concern for the health and safety of all participants amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the IEEE MTT-S IMS2020 and Microwave Week which was scheduled on 21-26 June 2020 in Los Angeles, CA, USA, is transitioning to a virtual event. The timeframe for the virtual event will be August 2020.
More details are posted on the conference website: https://ims-ieee.org/travelandsafety.
Virtual DML Talks
Virtual Distinguished Microwave Lecturer (DML) Talks are scheduled as follows:
- May 14th, 2020 – Payam Heydari – Transceiver Architectures for Beyond-5G: Challenges and R&D Opportunities, co-organized with SSC-S [Register now]
- May 28th, 2020 – Jim Hwang – Broadband Label-free Noninvasive Electrical Characterization of Live Biological Cells [Register now]
- August 25th, 2020 – Ruonan Han – Chip-Scale Wave-Matter Interactions at RF-to-Light Frequencies: Circuits, Systems and Applications [Register now]
- September 8th, 2020 – Simone Bastioli – Non-resonating Modes Do It Better!
- September 22nd, 2020 – Ho-Jin Song – Terahertz communications at 300 Ghz: Devices, Packages and System
MTT-S Conference Update
MTT-Sat Challenge Proposal Submission
Message from the MGA Committee Chair
The MTT-S members can access to webinars and career reflections online free of charge:
Career Reflections: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNTXen-GnlMje2cYnd4KyrnajKNsiGmzc
If you are a chapter chair and want to virtually broadcast your event via web, you can use some free available tools:
- For meeting broadcast, you can use www.facebook.com to make live presentation on your own page, or using MTT-S Facebook page. It is rather simple, connect to facebook with your account and click on “LIVE” and you can use your PC or your mobile phone as a camera. If you want to do it on MTT-S facebook page, please send us an e-mail/message with the detail of the event you plan to broadcast to Prof. Nuno Borges Carvalho and we will get in contact with you ASAP. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/828vwes44shp4fe/facebooklive.PNG?dl=0,).
- For chapter meetings, where you want to build a community for discussion, you can use Google Hangouts, https://hangouts.google.com/, this is a simple tool that allows you to bring several people together. Another option is to use Zoom, https://zoom.us/. Again if you need help, please contact Prof. Nuno Borges Carvalho.
There are several IEEE Special Interest Groups, such as IEEE Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT), where all MTT-S members can participate, including the formation of SIGHT groups, or SIGHT training, https://hac.ieee.org/training/.
If you know of COVID-19 related IEEE volunteer activities that are currently ongoing, please share them with us through this IEEE SIGHT brief survey.
Prof. Nuno Borges Carvalho
MTT-S MGA Committee Chair
IEEE HAC & SIGHT Special Call for Proposals Related to COVID-19
The COVID-19 has been affecting the world in an unprecedented manner. To better enable IEEE volunteers to contribute in fighting against the pandemic, the IEEE HAC (Humanitarian Activities Committee) and SIGHT (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology) have joined forces to call for proposals that have a strong potential for immediate impact in the fight against COVID-19. The awards are up to US$5,000 per project and successful projects may apply for additional funding. More details can be found on the website: https://hac.ieee.org/funding-opportunities/covid-19-projects/.