I am very happy to introduce the new editor of the IEEE MTT-S eNewsletter, Dr. Bhaskar Banerjee.
Dr. Banerjee is currently a Principal Scientist at Broadcom Corporation working on high speed communication ICs. In addition, he also leads a research team of PhD students with focus on RF and analog integrated circuits and system design using Silicon CMOS and Silicon Germanium BiCMOS technologies. He has expertise in design, physical layout, and measurements of integrated circuits (ICs) for wireless communication and sensing applications at 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 60 GHz, 77 GHz, and 180-300 GHz frequency bands.
He has also been a very active IEEE MTT-Society volunteer, serving as part of the MTT-S Education committee and also as an area editor for mtt.org, the MTT-S website.
- Mike Golio, Interim eNewsletter Editor
Microwave Photonics is an inter-disciplinary field of study that concerns the interactions between microwave and optical waves for the generation, processing, control and distribution of microwave, millimeter-wave and THz-frequency signals. Microwave photonics serves as an enabling technology in a wide variety of applications such as signal generation and distribution, high-speed wireless communication networks, radar systems, sensors, and modern instrumentation. The 2013 International Topical Meeting on Microwave Photonics (MWP 2013) will provide a forum for the presentation of new advances in this multi-disciplinary research area, ranging from novel devices to system field trials.
- 28-31 October, Hotel Monaco, Alexandria, Virginia
- Important dates:
- 27 September: Deadline for registration at "in advance" rates
- 3 October: Deadline for hotel reservations at the special conference rate (Hotel Monaco)
- 28-31 October: Conference, on-site registration and check-in for conference
For more information and conference registration, please visit: www.mwp2013.org
Please vote NOW for the candidate of your choice from the three nominees who are running for election this year. Biographical sketches, candidate statements and photographs of each of the candidates are posted on the voting website. You may also write-in an alternative nominee, but, if you do so, please be sure that the individual you select is a member of the IEEE and the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society. The person receiving the largest number of votes will be elected to a three-year term on the MTT-S AdCom.
To vote, you will need your IEEE Account username/password to access the ballot and cast your vote. It is recommended that you test your account access at www.ieee.org/myieee to avoid any potential problems with accessing your ballot. If you do not recall your IEEE Account information, you may go to: http://www.ieee.org/go/forgotUsernamePassword to recover. You may also email '; document.write( '' ); document.write( addy_text56629 ); document.write( '<\/a>' ); //--> or call +1 800 678 4333 (USA/Canada) or +1 732 981 0060 (Worldwide).
Use the URL below to access the ballot and cast your vote now. Please make sure that your pop up blocker is off.
Please vote for ONLY ONE candidate. Voting must be completed no later than 29 August 2013.
If you have any questions about the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society voting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 732 562 3904.
The IEEE Mentoring Connection is now the IEEE MentorCentre. Mentoring at IEEE now has a new name, new on-line platform and commitment to providing a valuable resource to IEEE members seeking a professional mentoring partnership.
What you will find with IEEE MentorCentre:
· The ability to connect with mentors based on specialized areas of practice, experience, IEEE societal affiliation and more;
· Opportunities to give back to the profession by registering as a mentor;
· Additional fields to narrow down the preferred profile of the mentor, and;
· Improved mentor controls allowing them to control how they are viewed in the system.
Participation in the program is voluntary and open to all IEEE members above the grade of Student Member. For more information on the program, go to www.ieee.org/mentoring.
The Admission & Advancement Review Panel (A&A) meeting, held on 29 June 2013 in San Diego, California, USA, welcomed 224 new Senior Members. To view the list of members elevated to Senior Member status, visit the Newly Elevated Senior Members page.
- Apr 22, 2014 - Apr 26, 2014 - IEEE MTT-S International Wireless Symposium - Xi'an (China) Paper or Abstract Submission Deadline: Sep 20, 2013
- May 14, 2014 - May 16, 2014 - International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic Modeling and Optimization for RF, Microwave, and Terahertz Applications - Pavia (Italy) Paper or Abstract Submission Deadline: Dec 31, 2013
- Apr 2, 2014 - Apr 4, 2014 - Workshop on Integrated Nonlinear Microwave and Millimetre-Wave Circuits - Leuven (Belgium) Paper or Abstract Submission Deadline: Jan 8, 2014
- Sep 1, 2013 - Sep 6, 2013 - 38th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves - Mainz (Germany)
- Sep 10, 2013 - Sep 11, 2013 - Topical Symposium on Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications - San Diego, CA (US)
- Sep 12, 2013 - Sep 13, 2013 - International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications - Krasnoyarsk (Russia)
- Sep 16, 2013 - Sep 18, 2013 - IEEE International Conference on UltraWideBand - Sydney (Australia)
- Sep 23, 2013 - Sep 26, 2013 - International Seminar/ Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory - Lviv (Ukraine)
- Sep 26, 2013 - Sep 27, 2013 - International Semiconductor Conference Dresden-Grenoble - Dresden (Germany)
- Sep 30, 2013 - Oct 3, 2013 - IEEE Bipolar/ BiCMOS Circuits and Technology Meeting - Bordeaux (France)
- Oct 6, 2013 - Oct 11, 2013- European Microwave Conference 2013 - Nuremberg (Germany)
- Oct 6, 2013 - Oct 11, 2013 - European Radar Conference 2013 - Nuremberg (Germany)
- Oct 6, 2013 - Oct 11, 2013 - The European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference 2013 - Nuremberg (Germany)
- Oct 13, 2013 - Oct 16, 2013 - Compound Semiconductor IC Symposium - Monterey, CA (US)
- Oct 15, 2013 - Oct 18, 2013 - International Symposium on Phased Array Systems & Technology - Waltham, MA (US)
- Oct 16, 2013 - Oct 19, 2013 - 11th International Conference on Telecommunications in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Services - Nis (Serbia)
- Oct 22, 2013 - Oct 24, 2013 - IEEE International Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems - Tel-Aviv (Israel)
- Oct 27, 2013 - Oct 30, 2013 - IEEE 22nd Conference on Electrical Performance of Electronic Packaging and Systems - San Jose, CA (US)
- Oct 28, 2013 - Oct 31, 2013 - IEEE International Topical Meeting on Microwave Photonics - Alexandria (US)
- Nov 5, 2013 - Nov 8, 2013 - 2013 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference - Seoul (Korea)
- Dec 9, 2013 - Dec 11, 2013 - IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on RF and Wireless Technologies for Biomedical and Healthcare Applications - Singapore
- Dec 13, 2013 - Dec 15, 2013 - International Conference on Microwave and Photonics - Jharkhand (India)
- Dec 18, 2013 - Dec 20, 2013 - Applied Electromagnetics Conference - Bhubneswar (India)
- Jan 19, 2014 - Jan 23, 2014 - IEEE MTT-S Radio and Wireless Symposium - Newport Beach, CA (US)
- Jan 19, 2014 - Jan 23, 2014 - IEEE Topical Conference on Biomedical Wireless Technologies, Networks, and Sensing Systems - Newport Beach, CA (US)
- Jan 19, 2014 - Jan 23, 2014 - IEEE Topical Conference on Power Amplifiers for Wireless and Radio - Newport Beach, CA (US)
- Jan 19, 2014 - Jan 23, 2014 - IEEE Topical Conference on Wireless Sensors and Sensor Networks - Newport Beach, CA (US)
- Jan 19, 2014 - Jan 23, 2014 - Topical Meeting on Silicon Monolithic Integrated Circuits in RF Systems - Newport Beach, CA (US)